There are plenty of reasons to refurbish an office or other workspaces. Restaurants, for example, need to be clean and tidy to attract customers and good reviews. There are also plenty of health and safety regulations governing workplaces, and it makes good sense to ensure that these spaces are free of potential hazards and are safe to work in. In this context, it is also a good idea to look at the quality of the flooring in any place of work, not least of all because there can be some health and safety concerns with floors. Have a browse through these commercial flooring ideas.
The Health and Safety of Good Flooring
The fact is that every employee should expect to work in an environment that is free from safety hazards or health concerns. Indeed, no employee should ever expect to go to work and be injured on the job, or worse! Unfortunately, injuries at work are not as rare as they should be.
Flooring is one area of every workplace that should be appropriately chosen. Safe flooring can make a real difference in the following areas:
- Providing a safe surface on which to move where the incidence of slips are minimised
- Providing an easy to clean and maintain surface that does not attract pathogens or allergens
Choosing an Appropriate Flooring Option for the Workplace
Companies like Fieldland Flooring offer a wide range of flooring options. Here are just some of the flooring options available and where they might be used to increase health and safety:
- Hygienic flooring: This is an ideal floor covering for any workplace where sanitation and cleanliness are essential. Hospitals and clinics use such floor coverings because they are easy to clean and maintain. This means that they can easily be disinfected, thus removing any pathogens and leading to a much safer and healthier workplace for both staff and patients. In fact, anti-bacterial and easy to clean wall claddings are also available for workplaces where sanitation is of primary concern.
- Carpets: A traditional flooring covering, carpets come in a wide range of styles and colours. One of the most common flooring options for places like schools and offices is carpet tiles. These can easily and quickly be fitted to any space and provide a no-fuss floor covering that is low cost, durable, and easy to maintain.
- Vinyl: If you remember the brittle and ugly vinyl floor coverings from decades ago, the good news is that modern vinyl is far more durable and safe. Vinyl tiles are easy to install, cost-effective, and contain no carcinogenic chemicals. The best brands are also scuff- and scratch-proof, making them ideal for high-traffic work areas.
Whether you work in a traditional office, a school, a restaurant, or a hospital, it is crucial to choose the appropriate floor coverings. There is a wide range of options available, from vinyl tiles to hard-wearing carpets. In most cases, they are easy to clean, reliable, durable, long-lasting, and hard-wearing. In fact, some floor coverings are even antibacterial, making them ideal for clean areas such as clinics and hospitals.